An appetizing garden fresh salad that belies it's humble origins. Perfect for summer meals.
(about 1 lb.)
HARVESTLAND® Chicken Breast Tenderloins
brine from capers
red & yellow tomatoes
,cut in 1 inch pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Slice bread 1/2 inch thick. Tear into bite-size pieces. Spread in single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes, turning once, until bread is crisp on the edges, not toasted all the way through. Cool.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, capers, brine and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add tomatoes, basil and red onion. (Mixture can be made ahead to this point).
3. Preheat grill to high heat. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over chicken tenders. Combine garlic powder, salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle over tenders and rub together to evenly coat with seasoning.
4. Grill tenders 2-3 minutes on each side until grill-marked and cooked through (170ºF).
5. Gently mix bread into tomato mixture. Slice chicken into smaller pieces if desired and fold into bread salad with feta cheese. Serve immediately for a crunchy bread salad, or, let stand until bread is softened.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Calories from Fat:
Sign up for News & More
Receive new product information, industry insights, recipes and more.