Mexican Turkey Torta
Serving Size: 234.7g
Make this delicious sandwich using our lower-sodium turkey breast, fresh bread and salsa, and put a healthier taste of Mexico on your menu. The 75094 turkey breast contains 50% less sodium than USDA data for turkey breast meat. Additional Lower-Sodium Turkey Breast product codes are available.
- 3 oz. Perdue® Healthsense Reduced Sodium Turkey Breast — thin sliced
- 1/2 c. Iceburg lettuce
- 1/3 c. Tomato
- 1/4 c. Red onion
- 1 tbsp. Jalapeno
- 1 tbsp. Cilantro
- 2 tsp. Lime juice
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/3 c. Avocado — medium dice
- 1 Bolillo bread (or 6 in. sub roll)
- For salsa, combine tomato, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice and olive oil. Leave to marinate 10-15 minutes. Strain liquid and reserve.
- To assemble sandwich, split bolillo bread in half lengthwise and brush with reserved liquid from salsa.
- Layer turkey, lettuce, salsa and avocado on bottom half of bread. Add top half of bread and serve.