- 1 HARVESTLAND® Fresh Whole Chicken (about 3 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 tbsp. orange zest (1 large orange)
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger — grated
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 c. Reduced-sodium Chicken broth
- 1/2 c. Fresh Orange juice
- 1 tbsp. flour
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Remove giblets and neck from chicken. Discard or cook separately.
- Combine zest, ginger, honey, sesame oil and salt. Loosen chicken skin around breast, drumsticks and thighs. Spread half the orange-ginger mixture evenly under skin and remaining on outside of chicken. Place in roasting pan.
- Bake at 425ºF for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 375ºF and continue roasting 1 to 1 1/2 hours until internal temperature registers 180ºF, measured at thickest part of the thigh. Remove from oven and let stand 10-15 minutes.
- Tip chicken to allow juices to run into pan. Place chicken on serving platter or cutting board. Drain drippings from pan into a fat separator or a plastic bag set in a cup. Pour drippings into a small saucepan (if using a bag, snip one corner and drain drippings from bag, discarding fat that floats to top). Add broth to drippings and bring to a boil. In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice and flour, breaking up any lumps; add to saucepan. Bring sauce to a simmer, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened; season with salt and pepper to taste. Carve chicken and serve with orange sauce.