African Dukkah Crusted Chicken
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 9 oz. honey
- 3 oz. Dijon mustard
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ c. hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp. white sesame seeds
- ¾ c. coriander seeds
- ¾ c. cumin seeds
- 3 tsp. salt
Ingredients for Vegetables
- 6 zucchinis, small, cut into ½” moons
- 6 yellow squash, small, cut into ½” moons
- 3 red onions, small, quartered and petals separated
- 3 c. baby tomatoes, assorted, halved
- ¾ lb. feta
- 3 tbsp. parsley, chopped for garnish
- ¾ c. olive oil
- Salt, to taste
Ingredients for Chicken
- 12 PERDUE® HARVESTLAND® 6 oz. RTC Boneless Skinless Breasts
- 12 eggs, large, whisked in medium sized bowl for dredging
- 3 c. flour
- Prepared dukkah spice (above)
- 6 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¾ c. olive oil
Instructions for Honey Mustard Sauce
- Whisk together all ingredients.
Instructions for Dukkah Spice
- In a food processor, chop the hazelnuts until minced.
- In a spice grinder, grind coriander and cumin seeds until roughly ground.
- Combine all ingredients and reserve for coating the chicken.
Instructions for Vegetables
- Heat oil over medium heat in a nonstick skillet.
- Lightly sprinkle salt over the vegetables and tomatoes. Begin to pan-roast, saving the tomatoes for last. Avoid overcrowding the pan. Cook in batches and get a nice caramelization on both sides of the vegetables. Transfer to a paper towel. After all vegetables are cooked, add tomatoes to the hot pan and quickly sauté. Combine with the vegetables. Set aside.
Instructions for Chicken
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Prepare breading station; place flour and dukkah spice on separate plates or baking sheets for coating.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour, then egg wash, then flour. Re-dip chicken in egg wash, then into the dukkah spice. Set aside onto a plate and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
- While the chicken rests, heat olive oil over medium heat in a nonstick skillet. Lightly cook chicken on each side for about 2 minutes, gently toasting the spices and setting the coating. Transfer into a baking pan and place in oven for about 10 minutes or until the breasts reach an internal temperature of 165°F. Let the chicken rest before slicing.
- Divide the mixed, cooked produce and feta equally among 12 plates.
- Cut chicken breasts on a bias and fan onto the plate. Garnish with chopped parsley.