Blackened Jerk Chicken Sandwich
Seasoned chicken, charred in a cast iron skillet served on flat bread with crispy onions, shredded lettuce, tomato chunks, and a Jamaican Remoulade.
- 8 oz. CHEF REDI* Marinated Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 c. Jerk seasoning
- 1 7-inch Round flat bread
- 1 Spanish onions
- 1 c. All purpose breader
- 1 head Iceburg lettuce
- 1 Ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 c. Sour cream
- 2 tbsp. Lime juice
- 1/2 c. Mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp. Jerk seasoning
- Place a cast iron skillet over medium flame and bring it up to a high temperature.
- Sprinkle some of the seasoning on a plate and dredge one side of the chicken breast into it. Once coated in the seasoning, place into the hot iron skillet and let it char the seasoned side of the chicken.
- Remove from the pan and put onto a sizzle plate and finish in the oven. Bring the chicken up to a 170-degree temperature. Once done, cut into strips on the bias.
- For the crispy onions, slice them on the slicer, very thinly. Toss in the flour breader and deep fry until crispy.
- To make Remoulade, mix ½ c. sour cream, ½ c. mayonnaise, 2 tbsp lime juice, and 1/4 tsp. jerk seasoning together.
- To build the sandwich, grill two pieces of the flat bread until toasted. On one half, spread some of the Remoulade. Next layer some of the lettuce and the tomatoes. Lay chicken onto the sandwich. Next, add a little more of the sauce, and top with the crispy onions.
*Used by Perdue® under license.