Butter Herb Roast Chicken
Cook Time: 1 hour 45 min
A traditional roast chicken, combining fresh herbs and spices. Serve whole chicken with more herb garnish for a farm fresh look.
- 1 HARVESTLAND® Fresh Whole Chicken (about 3 1/2 lbs.)
- 2 tbsp. Butter — melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh thyme — minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano — minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary — minced
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Remove giblets and neck from chicken. Discard or cook separately. Loosen chicken skin around breast, drumsticks and thighs.
- Combine butter, herbs, salt and pepper. Brush butter mixture under skin and on outside of chicken. Set a vertical, v-shaped, or flat roasting rack in a baking pan. Place chicken in rack. Sprinkle evenly with paprika.
- Roast at 425ºF for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 375ºF and continue roasting 1 to 1 1/2 hours until internal temperature registers 180ºF, measured at thickest part of the thigh. Remove from oven and let stand 10-15 minutes before carving.