Buttermilk Chicken and Waffle Bites
Serving Size: 20
- 20 pc. PERDUE® FULLY COOKED NO ANTIBIOTICS EVER DINO SHAPED CHICKEN NUGGETS
- 1 c. peach preserves
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 24 mini waffles
- 2 tbsp. chives — chopped for garnish (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 425°F. Place frozen chicken nuggets in a single layer on a baking sheet and heat for 11 to 13 minutes. For a crispier finish, turn halfway through heating time. Let the chicken rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- In a small saucepan, melt the peach preserves with the mustard, honey and lemon juice. Set aside and keep warm.
- In the oven, heat the mini waffles for 3 to 4 minutes or until toasted and warm. Dollop peach mustard sauce on each warm mini waffle, then place a fried chicken nugget piece on top. Drizzle peach mustard sauce over the chicken tenders. Garnish with chopped chives if desired.