- 1 pkg. HARVESTLAND® Fresh Chicken Thighs (about 2 1/4 lbs.)
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. mushrooms (combination of shiitake, button, crimini) — sliced & quartered
- 2/3 c. shallots — finely diced
- 2/3 c. Roma tomatoes (2 medium) — diced
- 3/4 c. Reduced-sodium Chicken broth — divided
- 2 tbsp. Dry Red wine
- 1/4 c. parsley leaves — chopped
- 3 c. Hot cooked soft polenta or mashed potatoes
- Remove skin from chicken if desired. Season chicken with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large covered skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil (if skin removed); brown thighs 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan. Drain excess fat.
- Add mushrooms and shallots. Cook 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Add tomato, 1/2 cup broth and wine. Bring to a simmer, stirring to scrape up browned bits from bottom of pan. Return chicken and any juices to pan. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through (180ºF).
- Remove chicken and keep warm, reserving mushrooms in pan. Add remaining 1/4 cup broth if liquid has evaporated. Stir in parsley; increase heat and simmer 1 minute until sauce is slightly reduced and thickened. Place a chicken thigh on a serving of polenta or potatoes and surround with mushrooms and sauce.