Chicken and Ratatouille Skewers
Cook Time: 20 minutes
A summer gardener’s reward. This simple yet tasty dish makes an excellent outdoor meal.
- 1 pkg. HARVESTLAND® Fresh Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 1 1/4 lbs.)
- 2 tbsp. Extra-virgin Olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. Dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini — cut in 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 medium Asian-type Eggplant — cut in 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 small red onion — cut in 1 inch wedges
- 1 pt. Large Cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 c. fresh basil — thinly sliced
- long wooden or metal skewers
- Red wine vinegar and olive oil for seasoning
- Preheat grill to high. Combine olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper; coat chicken with 2 teaspoons of the oil.
- Place zucchini, eggplant, onion and cherry tomatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with remaining olive oil mixture. Stir gently to coat. Thread vegetables onto skewers.
- Place skewers and chicken on grill and close lid. Grill chicken 4-5 minutes per side, until internal temperature of breast is 170°F. Grill vegetables to preference, turning 2 to 4 times to cook evenly.
- Sprinkle chicken with basil and serve with vegetable skewers. If desired, use red wine vinegar and additional olive oil for drizzling over vegetables.