Serving Size: 296g
Cook Time: 25 minutes
This milder Mexican/Argetine dish can be served in a variety of ways. Serve with Mexican rice and veggies or with warm soft tortillas and your choice of toppings.
- 4 HARVESTLAND® Fresh Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 tbsp. olive oil — divided
- 1/2 c. shallots — chopped
- 3 cloves garlic — minced
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 2 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining oil, shallots and garlic to pan; cook 1 minute to soften. Stir in tomato sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice, water and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in chili powder, oregano and pepper. Add chicken; cover and cook 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally or until chicken is fully cooked (thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the breast registers 170°F).
- Serve chicken over rice, if desired.