Chicken Tender Banh Mi
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. chili powder
- 3/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. carrot — shredded
- 1/4 c. cucumber — thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. daikon — shredded
- strips jalapeno pepper — thinly sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 4 PERDUE® FC Breaded Chicken Tenderloins
- 2 6-8 in. Baguettes — (ends cut off)
- In a bowl, combine cucumber, carrot, daikon, vinegar, sugar and salt to create the pickled vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat fryer to 350ºF.
- Fry chicken tenderloins 6 - 8 minutes or to an internal temperature of 165ºF. Remove from fryer.
- In a small saucepan, combine honey, lime and orange juices, chili powder and cumin. Place on stovetop and reduce by half to create the sauce.
- Slice baguettes lengthwise, but allow both halves to remain connected. For each sandwich, place pickled vegetables on both sides of baguette. Place chicken tenderloins on bottom half; top with cilantro and jalapeno.