Chicken with Goat Cheese and Basil Sauce
Serving Size: 214g
Cook Time: 20 minutes
This is an easy and yet very modern dish and delicious if you love goat cheese. Wonderful mixture of flavors and easy.
- 4 HARVESTLAND® Fresh Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil leaves — minced
- 2 tsp. prepared pesto sauce
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel, yellow part only
- 4 tbsp. whole milk
- 1-2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Combine goat cheese, basil, pesto and lemon peel in a small bowl. Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time. Stir in lemon juice to thicken the sauce. Set aside.
- Brush chicken with oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil chicken, 4-5 minutes per side or until meat thermometer inserted in center registers 170°F.
- To serve, spoon 2 tablespoons sauce over chicken breasts.
Serving Suggestion- Serve chicken over mixed baby greens and sliced tomatoes. Drizzle greens with purchased Balsamic or Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette dressing, if desired.