Chinese Five Spice Chicken over White Rice and Roasted Asian Vegetables
- 10 TenderReady® Roasted Chicken Quarters
- 5 c. White Rice — cooked
- 1/2 c. Vegetable Oil
- 20 oz. Baby corn
- 20 oz. Snow Peas
- 10 oz. Water Chestnuts
- 10 oz. Carrot (julienned)
- 2 tbsp. Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 1.5 oz. Toasted Sesame Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Remove chicken quarters from sealed package and place on a large sheet tray covered in parchment paper. Distribute the chicken evenly across the tray (skin side up) so that they are not touching each other.
- Mix 1/4 c. of vegetable oil with the Chinese Five Spice Powder in a medium bowl. Using a basting brush, coat the tops of the chicken quarters with the spice mixture.
- Roast in a 400ºF oven, until the skin begins to crisp and an internal temperature of 145ºF is reached.
- Place all of the vegetables in a large mixing bowl and add the remaining vegetable oil, sesame oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss and distribute evenly across a large sheet tray covered in parchment.
- Roast at 400ºF for 6-8 minutes, until vegetables come lightly browned around the edges.
- Place chicken and vegetables on top of rice and serve.