Easy Cornish Hens
- Fresh tarragon springs
- 2 Perdue Cornish Hens
- 2 tbsp. melted butter or margarine
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 c. dark corn syrup
- 2 tsp. Fresh tarragon, or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon — chopped
- Preheat overn to 375° F. Brush hens with butter and season with salt and pepper. Place hens in shallow roasting pan or baking dish. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a measuring cup combine orange and lemon juices, orange zest, corn syrup and tarragon. Pour this mixture over hens.
- Continue to roast, basting occasionally, for 30 to 40 mintues or until hens are well glazed, and meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh registers 180° F.
- Garnish with tarragon sprigs and serve with pan juices.