- 1 HARVESTLAND® Oven Roasted All Natural Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 tbsp. Butter or Olive oil
- 2 medium carrots — thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 c. Celery — sliced (about 2 stalks)
- 1 medium potato — cut in 1/2 inch cubes (1 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 3/4 tsp. dried thyme — or 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh
- 2 tbsp. All-purpose flour
- 1 can reduced sodium chicken broth (14.5 oz)
- 1/2 c. frozen peas
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 sheet Frozen Puff pastry — thawed (about 8 ounces)
- 1 Egg — beaten with 2 teaspoons water
- Remove chicken and skin from bones; shred or tear into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- In a 10-inch oven-proof skillet, over mdium heat, melt butter. Add carrots, celery, potato, onion and thyme. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes until onion is softened and vegetables lightly browned.
- Stir in flour until evenly absorbed. Stir in broth, cover and cook 10 minutes until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add chicken and peas and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. If needed, lightly roll puff pastry to diameter of skillet, leaving pastry in a square. Cut into 1-inch wide strips. Crisscross or weave strips on top of skillet ingredients. Brush pastry with beaten egg.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until pastry is puffed and golden brown. Serve warm.