- 1 pkg. HARVESTLAND® Fresh Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Thin–Sliced (16 oz)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp. All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c. whole milk
- 1/4 tsp. Ground red pepper — (or to taste)
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese — grated, divided
- 2 tbsp. Romano cheese — grated (and 2 tablespoons)
- 4 oz. Challah egg bread, Potato bread or other firm white bread — lightly toasted
- 8 oz. Bacon — cooked crisp
- 2 large tomato — cut into 8 slices
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 2-3 minutes per side until browned. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add the flour and cook, stirring constantly about 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in the milk and continue to whisk until thick, about 3 minutes. Put heat on low; add salt and pepper, cayenne pepper, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and Romano cheese. Cook, stirring until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
- Place the bread in a baking dish; top with chicken. Spoon sauce over chicken and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-8 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven; cross 2 pieces of bacon on top of each sandwich and serve with tomato slices.