Italian Chicken Caesar Salad
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 4 PERDUE® Grill Marked Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese — shredded, divided
- 3 Vine-ripened tomatoes — deseeded & diced
- 1 small Onion — finely diced
- 3 cloves Garlic — very finely diced
- 3 tbsp. Italian leaf parsley — coarsely chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. Stone ground mustard
- 1/8 c. Creamy caesar salad dressing
- 6 c. Fresh romaine hearts — shredded
- Make Parmesan chips by preheating oven to 375F. Draw four 4-inch circles onto parchment paper and then place upside down onto baking sheets. Sprinkle some of the Parmesan cheese within the circles that show through and place in oven. Cook for 8-10 minutes until cheese has melted and lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool to become crisp.
- Make Bruschetta by mixing tomatoes, onions, garlic, and parsley along with lemon juice, olive oil and some of the remaining Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To prepare the chicken, grill 3 minutes on each side or until it has reached an internal temperature of 170F.
- For the dressing, mix the mustard into a store bought creamy caesar dressing. In a large mixing bowl, combine lettuce with the dressing and last remaining Parmesan cheese.
- To serve, equally divide salad and place in the center of 4 plates. Place 3 small piles of Bruschetta around the outside of the lettuce on each plate. Slice the chicken breasts and fan out. Garnish with Parmesan chip on each plate.