Pan-Asian Chicken Stir Fry
- 8 Grilled marked fajita strips (4 oz)
- 5 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. Fresh Egg noodles
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Egg — beaten
- 1 tsp. Toasted Sesame oil
- 2 Each tbsp. garlic and ginger — minced
- 2 c. Broccoli florets — steamed
- 1/2 lb. green onions — cut in 1 1/2
- 8 oz. oyster mushrooms
- 1 Each c. yellow and red pepper — strips
- 1/2 Each lb. snap peas and baby carrots — steamed
- 1/4 c. dry sherry
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 tbsp. cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Prepare noodles according to directions and drain.
- Add the remainder of the vegetables and toss until well coated with the sauce and heated through. Serve in the pasta bowl with some chopped cilantro as garnish.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, 2 T. cornstarch, 3 T. oil and salt. Add cooked noodles and toss until evenly coated.
- Using a 7” flat-bottomed strainer or sieve, spray outside with cooking agent. Place open side of strainer down on parchment lined baking pan.
- Arrange noodles in a criss-crossed pattern over strainer, covering sides and bottom, and allowing some to extend onto parchment.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Allow to cool before removing basket from strainer and transferring to serving plate.
- Heat the sesame oil up in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the Garlic and Ginger to the pan and start to render.
- Next, add the green onions, mushrooms, and the peppers, sauté for 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the flame and deglaze with the sherry. Once the sizzle has died down, put back on the flame and add the soy sauce.
- Once the liquid comes back up to a boil, add a little of the cornstarch to thicken the sauce.