Quick Salsa Verde Chicken
Cook Time: 35 minutes
As delectable as it is easy, this dish is made with a Mediterranean flair sure to please your whole family.
- 1 pkg. HARVESTLAND® Fresh Chicken Thighs (about 2 3/4 lbs.)
- 6 oz. Purchased pesto
- 1/3 c. fresh mint — finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Capers
- 1 c. Fresh bread crumbs — (about 2 ounces firm bread, crumbled or whirled in processor)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Remove skin from chicken.
- To make salsa verde: Drain any standing oil from pesto. In a small bowl, combine pesto, mint, lemon juice, and capers if using.
- Transfer 1/4 cup salsa to a medium bowl and add chicken. Reserve remaining salsa verde to serve alongside chicken, or for another use. Toss chicken with the 1/4 cup salsa in bowl to evenly coat.
- Place chicken on prepared pan. Gently press bread crumbs evenly on top of chicken thighs. Bake until internal temperature of thigh is 180ºF.