Santa Fe Turkey Sandwich
- 12 Sourdough rolls — split
- 2 1/4 lbs. Pan Roasted Turkey Breast — sliced
- 12 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 slices Cheddar cheese
- 3-4 Avocados
- Fresh Cilantro
- 2 c. Red onion — chopped
- 1 c. Fresh cilantro — chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 3 tbsp. Lime juice
- Spread insides or rolls with butter or margarine. For each sandwich, place 3 ounces sliced turkey over one half of roll.
- Top with 1 slice each Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses.
- Top with a layer of avocado slices and spoon 3 tablespoons of the Cilantro-Red Onion Relish over top. Add roll top.
- Cut sandwich in half crosswise and serve, garnished with additional cilantro, if desired.
- Cilantro-Red Onion Relish: Combine red onion, 1 cup chopped cilantro, salt, pepper and lime juice. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes to blend flavors. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container. Makes 2 1/3 cups.