Spanish Chicken and Olive Braise
Cook Time: 35 minutes
This savory blend of olives, garlic, and capers combined with moist chicken thighs and tomatoes makes an excellent meal.
- 1 pkg. HARVESTLAND® Fresh Boneless Chicken Thighs (about 2 3/4 lbs.)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion — chopped
- 2 cloves garlic — minced
- 1/4 c. Dry Red wine
- 1 can tomatoes (28 ounces) — diced
- 1 tbsp. Capers
- 1/4 c. Spanish or Kalamata olives
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Remove skin from chicken. (Or leave skin on and omit olive oil.)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 4 minutes on each side; remove from pan.
- Cook onion and garlic in skillet until softened and lightly browned. Add wine, stirring until evaporated, scraping browned bits from bottom of pan and set aside.
- Add tomatoes, capers and olives to pan. Return chicken to pan. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook 15 - 20 minutes until internal temperature of chicken is 180ºF. Serve with mashed potatoes.