- 1 pkg. HARVESTLAND® Chicken Wings (about 2 lbs.)
- 3 tsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Coarse Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (or more for hotter spice)
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. red onion — finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic — minced
- 1 tbsp. olive or canola oil
- 3/4 c. raisins
- 1 tsp. peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp. Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. cilantro — chopped
- Preheat oven to 475ºF. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easier clean-up. Cut tips off wings and discard. Cut wings at joint if desired.
- In a clean plastic gallon size bag, combine brown sugar, salt, chili powder, cayenne pepper and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Place chicken in bag; shake and rub seasoning onto chicken to evenly coat. Arrange chicken in a single layer on prepared pan. Bake 18-20 minutes until deep golden brown and 180ºF internal temperature. Serve warm or cool with Raisin Mole Sauce.
Note: 1 1/2 tsp. chipotle powder can be substituted for chili and cayenne.
- Raisin Mole Sauce: In a small saucepan saute onion and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add raisins, 3/4 cup water, peanut butter, cocoa powder and salt. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook over medium-low heat for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Pour mixture into a food processor or blender. Puree to a dipping consistency, adding additional water by the tablespoonful if needed to thin mixture. Stir in cilantro. Serve warm or room temperature.