Spinach Linguine with Turkey & Peppers
- 2 1/4 lbs. Perdue® Turkey Breast — cut into wedges
- 2 1/2 lbs. Spinach Linguine or Fettucine — broken
- 2 c. Oil-packed Sun-dried Tomatoes — drained & chopped
- 1 lb. Green bell pepper — julienne cut
- 1 lb. Red bell pepper — julienne cut
- 1 lb. Yellow bell pepper — julienne cut
- 1 1/2 c. Black olives — sliced
- 2 oz. Butter
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Basil Leaves — chopped
- 2 tsp. garlic — minced
- 1/4 c. All-purpose flour
- 3 lbs. half & half or milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil — as needed
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese — grated
- For sauce, in stockpot melt butter; saute tomatoes with basil and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour until blended. Add milk; cook and stir until mixture thickens and bubbles. Cook 2 minutes more. Stir in salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Saute bell peppers in olive oil until tender; drain. Stir in olives and turkey wedges.
- Add vegetables and turkey to sauce; taste for seasoning.
- Drain pasta. Divide pasta onto 12 serving plates. Top each serving with 6 1/2 ounces (3/4 cup) of the sauce mixture. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan.