Summer Tuscan Salad with Chicken Tenders
Cook Time: 25 min.
An appetizing garden fresh salad that belies it's humble origins. Perfect for summer meals.
- 1 pkg. HARVESTLAND® Chicken Breast Tenderloins (about 1 lb.)
- 1/2 lb. Country-style Crusty Bread
- 4 tbsp. Extra-virgin Olive oil — divided
- 3 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Capers — drained
- 1 tsp. Brine from capers
- 1/2 tsp. Black pepper — divided
- 1 lb. Red & Yellow tomatoes — cut in 1 inch pieces
- 3/4 c. fresh basil — thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. red onion — thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 oz. feta cheese — crumbled or cubed
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Slice bread 1/2 inch thick. Tear into bite-size pieces. Spread in single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes, turning once, until bread is crisp on the edges, not toasted all the way through. Cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, capers, brine and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add tomatoes, basil and red onion. (Mixture can be made ahead to this point).
- Preheat grill to high heat. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over chicken tenders. Combine garlic powder, salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle over tenders and rub together to evenly coat with seasoning.
- Grill tenders 2-3 minutes on each side until grill-marked and cooked through (170ºF).
- Gently mix bread into tomato mixture. Slice chicken into smaller pieces if desired and fold into bread salad with feta cheese. Serve immediately for a crunchy bread salad, or, let stand until bread is softened.