Cook Time: 30 minutes
Pizza dough is started on the grill, topped with sliced Italian pepper and onion sausage, roasted garlic cloves, parmesan cheese, cherry tomatoes and finished on the grill until hot and cheese is melted.
- 4 PERDUE® No Antibiotics Ever Polish Turkey Sausage — heated and thinly sliced
- 16 oz. fresh pizza dough — divided into 4 balls
- 1 c. prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1 c. coarsely chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 c. shredded arugula leaves
- Parmesan cheese — grated
- Roll out each ball of pizza dough on a flat, floured surface to make an 8 to 10-inch oval flatbread shape. Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Brush top of dough with oil and transfer to grill using a floured baking sheet or pizza stone. Place on grill, oil-side-down. Brush top with more oil. Cook until lightly golden on grilled side of flatbread (about 1-2 minutes). Turn over. Turn heat to low or place flat bread on a sheet of foil.
- Top each flatbread with 1/4 cup Alfredo sauce, 12 slices of sausage, 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes, 2 tablespoons shredded arugula and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, if desired. Close the grill cover/lid over the flatbread and cook the flatbread until the sausage is heated through (about 2 minutes).