- 1 pkg. HARVESTLAND® Chicken Breast Tenderloins (about 1 lb.)
- 3/4 c. walnuts — chopped
- 3/4 c. Panko* or 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh rosemary (or 1/2 tsp. dried, crushed) — minced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 c. Prepared Marinara sauce
- 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Put walnuts in a heavy duty re-sealable plastic bag. Close bag. Use a rolling pin to crush nuts into fine pieces. Add crumbs, rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Lightly beat egg in a shallow dish. Place half the chicken strips into egg and turn to coat. Lift chicken strips with tongs or fork, letting excess egg drain off; put into bag with crumbs. Close bag. Gently shake bag and press walnuts onto chicken.
- Use tongs to remove chicken from bag and place on prepared pan, leaving space between pieces. Repeat dipping and coating procedure with remaining chicken. Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown and cooked through (170ºF).
- Meanwhile, combine marinara and red pepper in a small saucepan or microwave-safe dish. Heat just until warm. Serve over chicken strips.
Note: *Panko crumbs are available in the Asian foods section at most supermarkets. Panko crumbs make a crisper, lighter crust than bread crumbs.
Variation: Replace 3 tablespoons of the bread crumbs with 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.