Warm Turkey Pesto Baguette Sandwich
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Grill ‘em or bake ‘em, this colorful tasty sandwich will satisfy everyone.
- 1 lb. HARVESTLAND® Oven Roasted Turkey Breast — thinly sliced
- 2 12-inch-long Baguettes (about 3 inches in diameter)
- 1/2 c. prepared pesto
- 2/3 c. Jarred Roasted red peppers — patted dry and cut into strips
- 4 oz. provolone cheese — sliced
- 2 c. Baby spinach
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, or heat oven to 400ºF.
- Slice baguettes in half lengthwise, leaving just barely attached along one long edge. Spread pesto on cut sides of bread.
- Layer turkey breast, red peppers, cheese and spinach leaves on bottom halves of baguette. Close baguettes and wrap tightly in aluminum foil. (Can be refrigerated up to 1 day until ready to bake.)
- Place wrapped sandwiches on grill and close lid, or place directly on oven rack. Bake 10-15 minutes, turning once, until bread feels crunchy when lightly squeezed through foil. Unwrap and slice into 3-4-inch pieces. Serve warm or room temperature.