BBQ Chicken Empanadas
Serving Size: 8
- 9 oz. PERDUE® HARVESTLAND® NO ANTIBIOTICS EVER, FULLY COOKED, BONELESS, SKINLESS, DICED CHICKEN BREAST, FROZEN
- 1 c. cheddar or jack cheese — shredded (4 oz.)
- 1/4 c. barbecue sauce
- 4 tbsp. green onion — finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper — seeded and finely chopped
- 1 can jumbo refrigerated biscuits
- 1 egg yolk — beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine the diced chicken, shredded cheese, barbecue sauce, green onions and chopped jalapeño pepper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each biscuit into a 4½ -inch round. Brush the edges of the biscuit with the egg wash mixture. Dollop a heaping tablespoon of chicken mixture into the center of the biscuit round. Fold half of the dough over the filling, creating a half-moon shape. Use a fork to crimp and seal the edges of the biscuit. Place the empanadas on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with the remaining egg mixture.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.