Chorizo-Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 1 PERDUE® HARVESTLAND® Organic WOG
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. salt & black pepper
- 1 tbsp. Chicken Chorizo Stuffing Ingredients
- 1/4 c. butternut squash, blanched, finely diced
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dry oregano leaf
- 3/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Remove legs and thighs from whole bird.
- Debone the dark meat and skin, place in food processor and pulse to a finely chopped or ground consistency.
- Combine mixture from steps 2 and 3 with remaining Chorizo Stuffing ingredients and refrigerate for two hours or more.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the chicken chorizo until fully cooked.
- Remove from stove and refrigerate.
- Gently pry up the skin of the chicken breast. Stuff the chicken with the fully cooked and chilled chorizo.
- Use skewers to hold the skin over the chicken chorizo. Prepare the outside of the stuffed breast with a small
- Place stuffed chicken breast in oven for one hour or until internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Remove from oven, split in half and serve.