Classic Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 4
- 2 c. chicken diced from PERDUE® HARVESTLAND® ORGANIC, NON-GMO, FREE RANGE, NO ANTIBIOTICS EVER, 4.25-5.25 LBS., WHOLE BROILER WITHOUT GIBLETS, INDIVIDUALLY BAGGED, FROZEN
- 1/2 c. celery — chopped
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. lemon — zested and juiced
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh parsley, dill, tarragon or chives — chopped
- 1 tsp. Dijon or coarse grain mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 4 croissants
- 8 slices whole-grain bread (or 4 leaves green leaf lettuce)
- In a bowl, together the chicken and the celery. Set the mixture aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, fresh herbs, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Stir together the chicken and celery with the mayonnaise mixture until well combined.
- Serve your Classic Chicken Salad on a croissant, whole-grain bread or simply a bed of lettuce if desired. It’s also great served on little slider buns or over grains or zucchini noodles.