- 3 oz. Perdue® Lower-Sodium Turkey Breast
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, no salt added
- 1 tbsp. Canola oil
- 2 c. Yellow onions — sliced
- 1 tsp. Thyme — fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Red wine vinegar
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 French Baguette
- For caramelized onions, heat canola oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until golden brown. Stir often while cooking.
- When onions are golden brown, add fresh thyme, vinegar, and fresh ground black pepper. Cook for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from heat and reserve.
- To assemble sandwich, split french baguette lengthwise but leave the two halves connected. Layer turkey, onions and swiss cheese on split-open baguette.
- Place in oven until cheese is melted. Remove from oven, close top half over bottom half and serve.