Herb Roasted Turkey Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 3 tbsp. onion — chopped
- 3 tbsp. celery — chopped
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 3/4 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. cream
- 2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. Fresh Oregano
- 1 tsp. Fresh Parsley
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 c. potatoes — cooked and diced
- 3 oz. turkey breast — cooked and diced
- 1 Round Pie Crust
- 1 whole egg yolk
- Melt butter in a stockpot.
- Sauté onion and celery for 5 min., or until tender. Stir in flour until blended.
- Stir in chicken broth, cream, Worcestershire sauce, salt, herbs and pepper. Cook and stir until mixture thickens and bubbles, then cook 2 min. more and stir in lemon juice and potatoes.
- Grease one 5" pie pan. For each potpie, sprinkle in 3 oz. (3/4 cup) turkey, then spoon 7 oz. (3/4 cup) vegetable sauce mixture over turkey.
- Cut pastry into 8" rounds. Place a round of pie pastry over filling and crimp edges to pan.
- Beat together egg yolks and water until blended. Brush egg mixture over pie pastry. With a knife, cut vents for escape of steam.
- Place potpies on a baking sheet for easier handling and bake at 425°F for 25–30 min., or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.