Modern Monte Cristo
- 16 slices Hickory Smoked Turkey Ham
- 16 slices Pan Roasted Turkey Breast
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. whole milk
- 1 egg
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- Powdered sugar— to taste (optional)
- Raspberry compote— to taste (optional)
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine milk and egg in separate bowl.
- Mix the egg mixture and the dry ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- Assemble sandwiches: Layer 4 slices of ham, 4 slices of turkey and 2 slices of Swiss cheese between 2 pieces of bread.
- Place a toothpick in each corner of the sandwich.
- Dip the whole sandwich in the batter. Deep fat fry at 340F until golden. Remove from fryer.
- Remove the toothpicks and sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with raspberry compote, if desired. Serve.