- 1 pkg. HARVESTLAND® Fresh Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 1 1/4 lbs.)
- 4 HARVESTLAND® Italian Chicken Sausages with Peppers and Onions
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 medium onion — chopped
- 1 red bell pepper — chopped
- 1 green bell pepper — chopped
- 2 Celery stalks — sliced
- 4 cloves garlic — minced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 can reduced sodium chicken broth (14.5 oz)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 1 1/4 c. 10-minute-cook Brown rice — (uncooked)
- Cut chicken into 2-inch pieces. Cut sausage into 1/4-inch thick rounds.
- In a large deep skillet, over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add chicken and sausage; cook stirring occasionally until well-browned and chicken is cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add 1/4 cup water, onion, bell peppers, celery, garlic and thyme. Stir over medium heat, loosening browned bits from pan, cooking until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. Add rice. Cover, reduce heat and cook 10 minutes or until rice is done. (Add additional water in 1/4 cup increments if needed until rice is cooked). Return chicken and sausage to pan. Cover and heat through, about 3 minutes.