Spiced Coconut Drumsticks
Cook Time: 55 min+marinate
Turn the humble drumstick into a delectable southeast Asian-style meal.
- 1 pkg. HARVESTLAND® Chicken Drumsticks (about 1 3/4 lbs.)
- 1 can light coconut milk — divided (14 oz)
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Zest and juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 c. Sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 c. jasmine rice
- 1 c. Frozen Petite peas — thawed
- 2 tbsp. cilantro — chopped
- 1 dash salt and ground pepper — optional
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup coconut milk, coriander, cumin, salt, cayenne, lime zest and juice. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade. Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown on two sides, about 5 minutes per side. Reduce heat; pour reserved marinade into pan. Cover, bring to a simmer and cook 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through (180ºF).
- Meanwhile, in a medium-size dry skillet or saucepan, toast coconut over medium heat, stirring frequently until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- Pour remaining coconut milk into a measuring cup and add water to make 2 1/4 cups. Pour into pan used for coconut. Bring to a simmer. Add rice; cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is soft and liquid is absorbed. Stir in peas, cilantro and coconut; season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve chicken and sauce over rice.