Waffles a la Monte Cristo
Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- 3 slices Sandwich Builders® Ham
- 2 whole eggs — lightly mixed
- 1 c. milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 frozen belgian waffles — thawed
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 4 tbsp. strawberry jam
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 2 whole Strawberries
- Blend eggs with milk, salt and pepper. Dip thawed waffles into egg mixture. Melt butter in skillet and fry waffles until golden brown.
- Lay waffles on flat surface and top one side of each with strawberry jam. Layer one waffle with cheese, ham & cheese again. Then top with second waffle.
- Place in preheated 400º F. oven, and heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sprinkled powdered sugar and fresh strawberries.