Warm Spiced Citrus Salad with Sous Vide Chicken Breast
This Warm Citrus Salad is bursting with flavor from PERDUE® HARVESTLAND® CVP Whole Broiler Chicken, fresh citrus and pomegranate seeds, star anise, cinnamon, cilantro and mint.
- 1 PERDUE® HARVESTLAND® CVP Whole Broiler, broken down, chicken breasts reserved
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 star anise
- 7 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 c. grapefruit — sectioned
- 2 c. orange — sectioned
- 5 c. Brussels sprouts — trimmed, halved
- 2 shallots — sliced
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 c. pistachios — roasted
- 1/4 c. cilantro — chopped
- 1/4 c. mint — chopped
- Sous vide chicken breast until tender, then pull the meat into chunks, set aside.
- Bring the water, sugar, cinnamon and star anise to a simmer. Stir to dissolve the sugar and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add the lemon juice and set aside to cool. When cool, discard cinnamon sticks and star anise.
- Add half the orange sections to a bowl with the sliced Brussels sprouts and shallots. Cut the remaining fruit into bite-size pieces and add to the cooled syrup to marinate for 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss Brussels sprouts, shallots and orange with olive oil, kosher salt and pepper. Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on the edges.