Wings Alla Puttanesca
- 30 Fully-cooked CHEF REDI® Steamed Chicken Wings
- 1/4 c. Olive Oil
- 1 large Yellow Onion (small dice)
- 6 cloves Garlic — minced
- 2 cans Roma Tomatoes (28i oz. ea.) — crushed
- 1 c. Pitted Black Olives (sliced)
- 2 oz. Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp. Capers
- 6 whole Anchovy Filets — chopped
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Oregano (chopped)
- 1/4 c. Fresh Basil (chiffonade)
- 1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and saute until soft and lightly browned. Add the garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and the remaining ingredients (except basil and wings) and simmer until the sauce is thickened and slightly reduced, about 30 minutes.
- Mix half of the fresh basil into the sauce and remove from heat.
- Deep fry wings @ 375'F for 6-8 minutes. Toss in puttanesca sauce and garnish with remaining basil.